- Grosse Pointe Blank – One of my favourite films from my youth. John Cusack plays an assassin attending his ten year high school reunion…standard stuff really…funny witty satire of his late 80s/early 90s cool school hero image.
- Memento – An epic film. Val Kilmer plays Leonard Shelby an ex-insurance investigator trying to find who murdered his wife but who is unable to form new memories. Two story lines play out one unfolding forward and one backwards which slowly uncovers the awesome twist.
- The Usual Suspects – Beautifully acted, engrossing plot, and another impressive twist. This film is pure class from start to finish. It has one of the most memorable dialogues of any film to date.
- Mad Max – Yes Mad Max was an indie film. George Miller, a medical doctor, teamed up with an amateur filmmaker Bryan Kennedy and first time screen writer James McCausland to create one of the most recognisable franchises that has ever been created. They took a budget of AUS$300,000 and it turned into a box office gross of $100,000,000.00
- Terminator – A shoestring budget, an inexperienced director and unknown lead actor. Under the exterior of special effects this film screams indie. James Cameron, on the verge of being fired from a terrible film about killer piranhas brings to life a vivid nightmare he had about an unstoppable metal assassin. Thus a new genre, iconic one-liners and some of the most memorable characters are born… not bad James.